Re: [Evolution] Picture in signature not loaded in Outlook

On Sun, 2017-11-12 at 16:55 +0000, Georg Funk wrote:
Hi,

On Sat, 2017-11-11 at 08:24 +0000, Georg Funk wrote:
Is there any way to generate Outlook compatible, picture holding
signatures?

I'am using 3.26.2

        Hi,
I'd guess your 3.26.2 has a fix included, as the issue sounds familiar,
but I cannot find the exact change at the moment. If I recall
correctly, the image is sent, but it's included as a base64 encoded
blob inside the HTML content, which Outlook/IE doesn't support. It's
okay, because the image should be included as an attachment and being
referenced with a CID: in the HTML content.

Did you try to recreate the signature in 3.26.2 from scratch? I think
the problem was that previous version didn't set some attribute on the
img element, if I recall correctly "data-inline", which the new version
does set, thus even the signature HTML blob itself contains the image
as a base64 inline blob it is properly transformed into an attachment
when the message is sent. The only problem was/is that this conversion
is not done automatically for already created signatures.
        Bye,
        Milan