Re: [Evolution] Some Questions Pertaining to Evolution

On Mon, 2017-03-20 at 20:23 -0500, Frank M Waterman wrote:
Do I understand you to say that, with that feature selected,
if I type in the sequence of Unicode characters for which an emoticon
has been created, the emoticon will be displayed in place of the
keystroke combination? If this understanding is correct, will the
sender as well as the recipient be able to see the emoticon?

Yes, assuming sender and receiver are using Unicode fonts. Pushing the
keys Shift+Ctrl+U works for Evolution and all other Linux apps.

Push Shift+Ctrl+U then type 1f600 and after that any key, e.g. enter or
space and you get 😀

Push Shift+Ctrl+U then type 1f601 and after that any key, e.g. enter or
space and you get 😁

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emoticons_(Unicode_block)#Block

Regards,
Ralf 😇