Re: [Evolution] API/ABI changes review for Evolution Data Server

On Mon, 2017-03-20 at 10:45 +0300, Andrey Ponomarenko wrote:
The report is updated 3 times a week. Hope it will be helpful for
users and maintainers of the library.

        Hi,
thanks for the initiative. As Patrick said, this is better to send to
evolution-hackers, than to this evolution-list, which is user-oriented,
not developer-oriented.

The tool looks interesting, though what I'd appreciate the most is to
have an ability to test the API/ABI changes just before the release and
being notified about any changes which would have missing corresponding
soname version bump. This won't work for '3 times per week' checks,
because what counts are real releases, thus I often bump soname only
once between two consecutive releases, because it's sufficient for
regular users. The git users know the caveats and they are usually
advanced users, if not developers, thus it's all okay for them.

Let's discuss more on the evolution-hackers list, if you want to.
        Thanks again and bye,
        Milan