Re: [Evolution] can't change any preference setting

On Tue, 13 Jun 2017 10:33:55 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Tue, 2017-06-13 at 07:47 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jun 2017 18:47:10 +0000, NT KC wrote:
Anyone any idea how to fix this ?

sudo rm /run/user/1???/dconf/user

It's rude to not warn about the consequences of this command which are
way beyond Evolution. Please stop posting such unhelpful messages.

I'm not aware about any consequence. Deleting the tmps file shouldn't
cause any issue. I didn't recommend to delete .config/dconf/user, even
not to delete .cache/dconf/user. Actually I'm using an alias to get rid
of issues caused by an idiotic policy, shared by several apps using
dconf.

[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ grep dreck .bashrc
alias drecksconf='echo " $(id -un)@$(hostname): \"dconf > /dev/nirvana\""; sudo rm /run/user/1???/dconf/user'

The only effect is, that a new temporarily file with the correct
permissions is generated and the users get rid of the issue mentioned
by the OP. What else could happen?

If you should have concerns against the wildcards on multiuser
platforms, then well, it's much unlikely that this affects the OP and an
admin should understand what 1??? is for.