Re: [Evolution] Repeated errors due to missing file

On Tue, 2017-06-06 at 08:40 -0400, Jim Ohlstein wrote:
I've recently switched to Evolution on Ubuntu 16.04 using Gnome.

        Hi,
Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 16.04,... what is the version of Evolution there,
please?

when a new mail arrives I see a yellow error banner
and a message like "Execution of filter 'Junk check' failed: Empty
cache file: /home/jim/.cache/evolution/mail/1496683913.10061.19@linus
/folders/INBOX/cur/30/1350 ".

That comes from an IMAPx account and it had been (mostly?) addressed in
3.22.x or 3.24.x of evolution-data-server. I guess it's not the version
you use, because it wasn't available in early 2016.

I haven't set up a "Junk check" filter, and can't find it.

Each IMAP account has a checkbox in its Properties->Receiving Options
tab, saying whether to apply filters and another specific to Junk
filtering. There is also Edit->Preferences->Mail Preferences->Junk tab.
There had been some bug about junk filtering being run for new messages
regardless these options in the recent past, but I do not recall
whether it went anywhere, I'm sorry.

It doesn't seem to cause any ill effect. Is there a way to correct
this, or at least to suppress the warning?

You can try to limit concurrent connections, also in account
Properties->Receiving Options tab, to 1, but it has some side effects,
like slower response from the account (as one connection used for
everything means that any operation is waiting in a queue until the
current operation is finished, thus for example folder update blocks
message download).

        Bye,
        Milan