Re: [Evolution] Receiving message count is wrong

On Wed, 2017-07-19 at 11:52 +1000, Doug Hutcheson wrote:
Evolution 3.24.3

When Evo is downloading messages, a 'count down' appears in the left
side of the status bar, to indicate how many messages remain to be
downloaded. On my system, this has been wrong for years. The download
completes when the counter is still showing 19 or 20.

Hi,

if you are using POP accounts and leave messages on the server for e.g.
one day, some MUAs shows that e.g. 100 messages are on the server, but
it only downloads the 19 or 20 messages, that were not already
downloaded before. I don't know, if this is happening when using
Evolution, too, since I don't care about it. However, I never noticed
any MUA (including Evolution) downloading 100 mails of a POP account and
stopping to count after 19 or 20. Are you using IMAP accounts? Maybe the
issue is fixed for the latest stable release 3.24.4? I'm on 3.24.4, but
actually I'm using POP accounts, so I can't say anything about IMAP.

Regards,
Ralf