Re: [Evolution] evolution 3.18.5.2 starts offline

On Sun, 2016-12-25 at 15:04 -0700, Sec_Guy_32 via evolution-list wrote:
I didn't pursue the problem so didn't report a bug.

        Hi,
there is was a bug and the current stable version (which is 3.22.3,
not 3.18.5.2, which had been released on 2016-03-14, which is almost
8 months ago) and the current stable version contains a workaround for
systems/hardware, where the network settings are not properly
recognized by a GNetworkManager, eventually kernel (the environment
variable GIO_USE_NETWORK_MONITOR you cited influences how the glib2's
GNetworkMonitor should detect connection state and the evolution relies
on the GNetworkMonitor notifications).

I was assessing whether evolution on linux was a viable replacement
for Outlook on Windows and as of this time, it isn't viable for my
needs.

As outlined above, you use a very old version. Maybe the current stable
version would make a difference for you.

I also agree with Patrick, sharing what does work for you (with
the current stable version, not an outdated distribution) would help
to address those issues eventually, for you and for the others.
        Bye,
        Milan