[Evolution] Can't receive POP mail, Socket I/O timeout.

Hi,

I'm no longer able to to receive POP mail for my primary email, although
I usually can send.

At first, Evolution displayed the error: "Cannot get message, Socket I/O
timeout". But it would get one message. And by changing the time to
check email to 3 minutes, I could get slowly get all my mail. After a
couple of days doing that, it no longer works.

Now I get "Cannot get POP Summary: Socket I/O timed out"

{~}$ CAMEL_DEBUG=pop3 evolution >& maillog
The output is attached

Preferences are to use SSL, which used to work and it what they say to
use
(https://www.spark.co.nz/help/internet-data/webservices/checking-your-xtra-email-or-domain-email-settings/).
But then they say to not use SSL (https://www.spark.co.nz/help/servicealert/emailservicealert).

No sure what to do I tried 'Starttls' but that doesn't work either.

Another point is that this provider is moving email from Yahoo! to a
local company SMX.

I have done several searches looking for clues and I've asked on
#evolution. I have also tried to find a configuration value for a
timeout. And calling customer support didn't result in anything useful.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Evolution 3.12.9 / Debian Jessie