[Evolution] Setting up IMAP

I have just switched my email server from POP (inbound.att.net) to IMAP
(imap.mail.att.net), as indicated in my last posting) and need help setting up
IMAP.  I would like the IMAP connection to run roughly like the POP connection
in at least these ways:
 * Messages are received from all folders of my account
 * Messages are deleted from the server when downloaded
 * Composed messages are copied to my local "Sent" folder when sent or to other
   local folders as indicated in the sent message filters.

Also, more generally, what do the various options shown on the
    Edit->Preferences->(Account)->Edit->Receiving Email
popup mean?  A link to a HOWTO page would be very helpful.

Many Thanks - Jonathan Ryshpan