Re: [Evolution] Evo 3.22.4 status bar

On Sat, 2017-02-11 at 21:45 +0200, Prometheus wrote:
I am on 3.22.4 and I don't see this issue. I keep the status bar hidden
though, don't find it useful, probably to someone new to the program
just to read the explanations for the menu entries.

I disabled the status bar, too, when it became that oversized. However,
the status bar is useful, to cancel an operation like receiving mails
completely, if something should take much too long. The cancel option of
the send and receive window not always does the complete job, so the
additional cancel buttons provided by the status bar are required.

Sure, you don't experience such an issue as a too huge status bar, if
you don't care about other issues. It all depends on the used theme,
e.g. do you follow upstream breaking the workflow for usage of most
apps, or do you stay with an outdated theme and just break a few apps
like Evolution, but keep the work-flow for most other apps?. Do you care
about a CVE issue of a dependency of a dependency of a dependency, or do
you simply ignored such issues, if upstream wrote too much bloated
insecure code?