Re: [Evolution] not able to select send email notification

On Mon, 2017-04-24 at 11:44 -0300, Abimael Jr wrote:
Well.
If I can suggest, it would be great use Evolution and set up email reminders.
If I understand properly, send email is not a feature of Evolution
but of the "calendar server" (in this case, Google).

Actually, I don't think it would be "great".  Could I ask what it is
that should send out the emails? If it's Evolution, or rather
evolution-alarm-notify, then what should happen if Evolution isn't
running and there's nothing to send the emails out? Whose fault is it
that you miss a reminder? I often have multiple copies of Evolution
running on various machines - do I get an email from each one?

That's why it's a calendar server function, not a client function -
it's the best place for it to happen.

So, as a developer, I do not see that it is difficult just set a
reminder to be sent by email.

As a developer you should know that the correct way of doing this is a
feature request in Gnome bugzilla.

I am not a Gnome or Evolution developer, but I think that it should
be "easy" to do.

If you aren't a Gnome developer, why do you think it would be easy?

It would atract a lot of people that use Gmail and Google Calendar to
use Evolution.

I don't understand what you mean here?  Are you saying that more people
would use Evolution with Google calendars if it had this feature, or
are you saying that people would move away from Google if Evolution
could do it? If the former, then since Evolution can already do this
with Google, it seems a strange statement; if the latter, then why
would we want to attract people away from Google calendar/Gmail -
Evolution works perfectly well with the Google products. Evolution is a
lot more flexible in a client/server environment than if everything is
held on one machine, and Google is well supported in Evolution.

P.