Re: [Evolution] evolution: error while loading shared libraries: libcamel-1.2.so.59

On Tue, 04 Apr 2017 18:09:57 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
Do you also spot a difference in tone?

My apologies,

the Arch Wiki gives clear advices [1]. Compared to the tone of voice the
OP would experience when sending such a request to the Arch general
mailing list, I wasn't rude at all. Even a "supported" "regular" Arch
Linux requires to follow support announcements [2], since it's not the
kind of rolling release as Debian unstable and testing is. There never
is a freeze, hence I called it "real" rolling release. In short, a
"supported" "regular" Arch Linux tries to follow latest official
releases from upstream as close as possible. If you enable testing
repositories for Arch Linux, you should have more advanced skills, then
just being able to resolve a soname issue. I don't know why
gnome-unstable provides evolution-data-server and seemingly none of the
testing repositories provides evolution build against it, but I'm not
following the developers mailing list or anything related mentioned by
the Wiki, simply because my Arch install is a workstation, not a
testing machine.

Regards,
Ralf

[1]
"[snip]
Warning: Be careful when enabling the testing repositories. Your system
may break after performing an update. Only experienced users who know
how to deal with potential system breakage should use it.
[snip]
Note: testing is not for the "newest of the new" package versions.
Part of its purpose is to hold package updates that have the potential
to break the system, either by being part of the core set of packages,
or by being critical in other ways. As such, users of testing are
strongly encouraged to subscribe to the arch-dev-public mailing list,
watch the testing repository forum, and to report all bugs.

If you enable testing, you must also enable community-testing. If you
enable any other testing repository listed in the following
subsections, you must also enable testing.
[snip]

gnome-unstable
[snip]" - https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/official_repositories

[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/