Re: [Evolution] (evolution:2586): e-data-server-ui-WARNING **: credentials_prompter_store_credentials_cb: Failed

Thank you Milan for your expert advice.  I killed the gnome-keyring-daemon, and things started getting better.  Then the daemon asked for my system password to restart itself.  Everything working normally.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com>
Subject: Re: [Evolution] (evolution:2586): e-data-server-ui-WARNING **: credentials_prompter_store_credentials_cb: Failed
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 19:47:57 +0200

On Tue, 2016-10-11 at 12:30 -0400, Dr. John H. Lauterbach wrote:
(evolution:2586): e-data-server-ui-WARNING **: credentials_prompter_store_credentials_cb: Failed to store source credentials: Error calling StartServiceByName for org.freedesktop.secrets: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.TimedOut: Failed to activate service 'org.freedesktop.secrets': timed out
Hi, it looks like the 'org.freedesktop.secrets' D-Bus service doesn't start properly. It's not the evolution issue, it's an issue with that process. What process it is can be found at /usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.freedesktop.secrets.service which states here (Fedora 24): Exec=/usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon --start --foreground --components=secrets Your distribution can have this differently. I would: a) verify that there is no such process running (gnome-keyring-daemon from the Exec line above) or it is not stuck (hard to guess from the list of running processes) b) try to run the command with all arguments from a terminal, whether it'll work or crash or simply whether it'll claim anything c) try to kill that running process, thus it's restarted when the evolution is run (or any other process which requires it) d) restart the machine (the last resort, maybe you tried already, but the restart runs the service from fresh, which can help). Bye, Milan _______________________________________________ evolution-list mailing list evolution-list gnome org To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ... https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list