Re: [Evolution] evolution-list Digest, Vol 135, Issue 12

On Mon, 2016-10-10 at 12:18 -0700, Graham wrote:
Hi

I updated to evolution-3.22.1-1-x86_6 this morning and I could not type in the reply window when I tried to reply to messages.
I reverted back to evolution-3.22.0+18+g65ec324-1 and I can reply without issue.

I'm running on Arch linux.

bg:

You're running on empty, as far as knowing how to use a discussion e-list.
Did you not read the plain instruction on the email you got, reproduced following?

than "Re: Contents of evolution-list digest..."

What part of that did you fail to understand?

The listbot went on to admonish,

Important: do NOT reply directly to this digest. If you wish to reply
to a component message, use your mailer's facility for this. In Evolution:
right-click and select from the pop-up menu, or use the drop-down menu at
the top of each message if available.

and apparently you blew right past that, as well, since you left the entire contents of the Digest
(20-some-K) trailing along below your top-posted message like a ghastly dingleberry.

E-lists tend to work better for everyone if their participants bother to pay attention
to just a few simple details.

The amusing part is, apparently about two minutes after you sen it, you rethought it and
sent it right , launching a new thread.  :-)
So perhaps congratulations are in order after all.....

Brewster
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
 Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
 W. Brewster Gillett            bg fdi us            Portland, OR  USA
 Simply because you don't like to hear it, that doesn't make it untrue.