Re: [Evolution] Gmail integration w. Evolution

Milan Crha schreef op ma 31-10-2016 om 12:39 [+0100]:

 sounds like you set a different IMAP namespace in the Thunderbird.
Evolution's IMAP can do it too, it's only hidden from the UI since some
older version (years ago). There is a plan to add some "Advanced IMAP"
settings in the UI, but there is no time frame when it would be.

Anyway, back to the point: depending on the way you configured your
account, either in the Evolution itself, or using GNOME/Ubuntu Online
Accounts, (the later possibly not available in your OpenSUSE) search
either
   ~/.config/evolution/sources/
or
   ~/.cache/evolution/sources/

for *.source files which contain a line
   [Imapx Backend]
and also reference your Gmail address. Under that line you can see
several keys, while the two you are looking for are:
   Namespace=
   UseNamespace=false

You write to the first the same thing your wrote to the Thunderbird,
then you also change the second to be:
   UseNamespace=true

After that save the changes and re-login, eventually close/kill all
evolution processes (ps ax | grep evolution), where especially
evolution-source-registry is responsible to the .source file changes.
Maybe to not be that hostile for the system, just try to close the
evolution itself only and run it again first, which should be enough in
your version too. Only if it won't help, then try the hard way. I would
also run evolution from a terminal first, to see whether it'll claim
anything odd there after your changes.

Thank you. I found the file and made the changes you suggested and
rebooted my machine. It didn't work the way I want it to, meaning that
[Gmail] is still a subfolder under my email-account, containing all of
my gmail-folders (which in GMail technically are labels, not real
folders, as far as I understand). Thunderbird has its own implementation
of Gmail-style IMAP. You can read about it here:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/thunderbird-and-gmail

For now I'll return to Thunderbird. Evolution is a nice piece of
software, and I wanted to use it because it integrates well with Gnome,
but in the end I am too used to my workflow using Thunderbird.

Thanks everyone who responded for your help.

Regards,
Bart