[Evolution] Non-subscribers [Was: Performance Issues]

Each approach has pros and cons.

Sure.

 IMO for Evolution as a much used MUA, that belongs to the GNOME DE,
the approach of a half-opened mailing list is the best choice.

Yeah,  I do not have strong feelings about it, just a preference.  It
certainly is not an issue worthy of angst or other emotional distress;
nor do I believe it is a make-or-break thing for success of anything.

since people will capture a thread, e.g. "Re: [Evolution] Performance
Issues", they don't change the subject, they quote the complete
original message and on top of the mail body they simply write
"unsubscribe", or "take me from your list".

Meh.  There isn't enough of that traffic, certainly not in these days
of the fading twilight of Open systems, for it to matter much.  And
many [most?] halfway-decent modern mail clients deal with List headers
in a sane way, some even providing Unsubscribe as an option.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383
openSUSE, a LINUX desktop for humans who need to get work done.