Re: [Evolution] GPG by default

On Tue, 2016-06-14 at 13:28 -0400, Luke wrote:
On Tue, 2016-06-14 at 12:08 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

On Tue, 2016-06-14 at 12:29 -0400, Luke wrote:

Hi there,

I am using Evolution ver. 3.12.9 of the current Debian Jessie
release.

I would like that all my outgoing emails were encrypted by
default.
Currently, once I compose a new message, I have to MANUALLY do:
_options
_PGP encrypt. The problem is that sometimes (even though rarely)
forget to do so, therefore badly undermining the concept of
encryption.

I followed the instructions on the Evolution Manual already. In
particular, under _edit _preferences _<myemail> _security I
checked
and
filled all the options under the "Pretty Good Privacy (OpenPGP)"
section.

I noticed that few lines below, in the "Secure MIME (S/MIME)
section"
there is the option "always encrypt outgoing messages when using
this
account". This option does not hold for PGP.

My question: is there currently a way to have PGP as default (and
receive e.g. a warning message if one tries to send a non-
encrypted
message)? Or is it possible to add this feature in the next
release?

Many thanks in advance for the support,
So does that mean you'll be encrypting your posts to this list? How
do
you expect us to read them? Just asking.

poc
Two options. One can
1. uncheck manually the encryption option and accept the warning
2. or use another email account for non-encrypted communications

I asked because for most users this would be a PITA (it means keeping
PGP keys for all your correspondents, or constantly having to unset the
option).

However if you really want it, have you tried setting "Always encrypt
when sending from this account" under the Security tab for the account
preferences? Maybe this wasn't in 3.12.x, I don't remember, but I think
it's been around for quite a long time.

poc