Re: [Evolution] Issue with CalDAV and deleting contacts

The subject says "CalDAV" do you really mean that? Is it actually
"CardDav"?

I've recently upgraded to Evo 3.18.5.2.  When I attempt to delete a
contact I get a "Failed to delete contact"  "Delete failed with HTTP
status 8".  This is using Baikal...interestingly it is only impacting
contacts added with a only a first name.  Is there a step I can take
to say manually remove or debug this?

That sounds like a bug in the server since the error comes from the
HTTP transaction.  Perhaps try some other CardDAV client to test that.

You could also enable the relevant debugging on the addressbook factory
backend to see the exact chatter between the client and server - that
may give you a better idea of what's happening.

Can you modify the contact though?  If you can, just add a bogus
surname and then delete it.

P.