Re: [Evolution] Evolution is not communicating with the Gnome Keyring

On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 5:40 AM, Jonathan Ryshpan <jonrysh pacbell net> wrote:

On Sun, 2016-07-03 at 20:13 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

On Sun, 2016-07-03 at 11:07 -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:

Evolution is running under KDE.  For the last day or so (I think ever
since I installed a new version on 2-July), evolution has been
requesting passwords whenever it needs to communicate with the POP or
SMTP server, i.e. whenever it needs to send or receive email.

This is new behavior, up till 2-July, a pop-up box would be displayed
once when evolution started, requesting my own password, which would
(I
believe) open communications between evolution and Gnome Keyring.
 After
this one message, evolution would have access to the passwords.

Hi, I had the same with KDE Plasma 5 SDDM in Arch. I recommend using
the following Wiki article to enable pam stuff to unlock keyring:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GNOME/Keyring#With_a_display_manager
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/KDM#KDM_and_Gnome-keyring

Emre