Re: [Evolution] contacts could not be opened

On Wed, 2016-01-27 at 11:56 +0100, Adolf
I have istalled Evolution vers. 3.10.4 on a new computer (Zorin
Ubuntu Linux OS9)

This is the version you used to "restore" (not to import) the backup,
right?

I don't know if it matters, but with what version of Evolution did you
make the backup?

what can I do to access the address data?

In the past many users experienced Evolutions backup option as a PITA,
you likely will find howtos by searching the Debian user mailing list.

However, you need a backup of your old /home to restore everything, IIRC
Evolution's own backups couldn't be used to restore everything.