Re: [Evolution] Google's blockage of Evolution with Gmail, and Web Presence of Evolution

On Sun, 2016-01-24 at 12:34 -0500, Nick Pontillo wrote:
*Forums are better than IRC and mailing lists because people don't
have to sign up to look at them*, therefore if someone is having a
problem they can look on the forum for solutions. Right now there is
no central place on the web where people can go to look for help and
tips with Evolution - unless they set up IRC, sign up to the mailing
list, or to the Gnome wiki.

You might prefer forums, that's ok, but your claim that users need to be
subscribe to read the Wiki or the Evolution mailing list is wrong. I
dislike forums and IRC, but I like Wikis and mailing lists. Anyway,
to read a Wiki or the Evolution mailing list archive(s), there's no need
to be subscribed. IOW regarding this, there's no difference to a forum.

You do not need to be subscribe to read the Evolution mailing list
archive(s):

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/
http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnome.evolution.general

You do not need to be subscribed to read the Wiki:

https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution
https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/

Evolution provides a menu called "Help", resp. just push the "F1" key.

There's also no need to be subscribed to the bug tracker to read
reported bugs.

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__all__&content=evolut
ion&no_redirect=1&order=Importance&product=evolution&query_format=specif
ic

Regards,
Ralf

PS: By accident I send this mail two times from the wrong account. I'm
even not sure if there's the need to be subscribed to the list, to write
to it. My apologies, assumed the other two mails should come through
too. Some mailman lists allow to cancel such posts instead of waiting
for moderation.