[Evolution] Trick for getting birthdays to show

Hey all,

I just noticed that birthdays don't appear to be showing up in the calendar even though I have that item as check marked.  My understanding was that this would pull the birthdays from your contacts.  I'm pulling/pushing contacts using CalDAV using Baikal and can see the birthday on the contact.  I also have that same address book chosen in the Birthdays & Anniversaries properties.  This is Evolution version 3.10.4 running on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.  Thanks for any insight.

James