Re: [Evolution] Comparison of Evolution to Thunderbird

On Mon, 2016-02-01 at 14:04 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Mon, 2016-02-01 at 14:33 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
On Mon, 01 Feb 2016 14:53:29 +0200, Mark Elkins wrote:
ce list la, cette discussion, c'est officiel. mais ou sont les
francophones qui engage?

Did you test the posted script? It seems to work for everything on
your
desktop, because it gets the output by xsel, no tweaks for
evolution are
need, assumed the script isn't broken. I didn't test it myself.

Unfortunately I think the Google Translate API is now a paid for
service.  So it may work, but it doesn't ... if you see what I mean.
There are ways to circumvent the fee, but they all seem horrendously
complicated and convoluted.

The things we do to help people ...

There is a Linux translate program called "translate" - it is part of
the 'libtranslate' package or whatever it's called in your distro.

Using the same setup as was previously shown you can create a script
with the contents:

-------
#!/usr/bin/env bash
notify-send -u critical "$(xsel -o)" "`echo $(xsel -o) | translate --services=systran --from=fr --to=en` "
-------

And assign the script to a hot key.  Highlight the text, press the hot
key and a notification popup will appear with the translation in.

The translate program is NOT able to autodetect the language, so this
is really only useful if you are always translating from the same
language.

And this is way of topic now - it is nothing to do with Evolution.

P.