Re: [Evolution] about:blank ???

On Fri, 2016-12-09 at 16:05 -0600, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
From time to time, while composing and email in Evolution 3.18.5.2, the
message I'm composing goes away and the composition window is
overwritten with a small window which says:

Unable to load page
Problem occurred while loading the URL about:blank
URL cannot be shown

Try again |

"Try again" never works, and nothing I do will recover the lost
message, which sometimes represents a considerable amount of work.

As best I can tell, this always occurs when I'm entering a URL into an
email, either by pasting or typing it, or when modifying or
reformatting a URL already in the email. Googling for this error gives
few hits, and only for web browsers, not email clients.

Is there any way to keep this from happening? It never happened on the
much earlier versions of Evolution which I use on other desktops.

Are you composing in Plain Text or in HTML? If the latter, perhaps it's
a Webkit problem. (I've never seen this but I never compose in HTML).

poc