Re: [Evolution] EWS support for Office365 Azure MFA?

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 3:27 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve> wrote:
On Mon, 2016-12-05 at 13:45 -0700, PJ Waskiewicz wrote:
Sorry about that.  MFA = Multi-factor authentication.  You would
provide your username and password like normal through EWS, but there
would be a second password you'd provide that would come from another
application, such as Google Authenticator, or MobilePass, or Duo, etc.
This can be an application running on your phone to generate the code,
you can have it send push requests to your phone, or the password can
come from an old-school token ID generator (like the old RSA tokens
used for VPNs, etc.).

OK. I've usually seen it written 2FA. I already have that with my Gmail
accounts, which I access from Evo using OAuth. If EWS supports OAuth
then I guess it should work, but Milan might be able to clear this up.

Thanks for the reply.

It looks like EWS on Office365 supports Oauth:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn903761(v=exchg.150).aspx

Now to see if this will actually work...I'll see what Milan comes back
with though.

Thanks again for the replies and info.

Cheers,
-PJ