[Evolution] Recent mail in IMAP inbox has wrong header for body of message

Late yesterday afternoon (18 August, US Eastern time) mail in the Inbox associated with the one IMAP I have started becoming scrambled with wrong header (sender, subject) being associated with a message.  The Inbox for mail coming from POP servers has not been affected.  The messages on the server (view through the provider's webmail) are unaffected.  Last time this happened, problem was on the provider's end not mine.  Evolution version is 3.20.5.  OS is Ubuntu 16.04.1.

Can this be caused by a problem with the evolution files on my PC?  If so, how do I fix?  I can forward the messages to one of my POP e-ail accounts and recover the messages.

Thank you,

John