Re: [Evolution] unknown background operation

On Mon, 2016-08-15 at 12:37 +0100, Gerard Ceruti wrote:
Opensuse 13.2 (i586), Evolution 3.12.11

I realize I am back level on Evolution but there is not updated rpm
available yet, before I start building from source, I would like to
try understand what is giving the message.

I keep getting a 'unknown background operation' message on the bar ,
it does not seem to hinder performance but is annoying.

how do I trace/find out what the unknown operation is ?.

        Hi,
getting backtrace of the running evolution usually helps [1], but
please note that the more recent evolution (I think at least 3.20.x)
has that message completely removed and if there is getting anything
stuck it's properly identified. It's also possible that you face some
sort of deadlock (the backtrace would show), which prevents the
background operation to finish. Just off head, one of the situations
could be when the in-memory folder content was tried to be released (to
minimize evolution memory usage). There are more possibilities, though.
        Bye,
        Milan

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/GettingTraces