Re: [Evolution] Reconnecting to "<my-account-name>" (cancelling)

On Sat, 2016-08-13 at 20:28 +0200, Herr Oswald wrote:
On Sat, 2016-08-13 at 19:10 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

On Sat, 2016-08-13 at 19:11 +0200, Herr Oswald wrote:

Hi,

after the update to ubuntu 16.04 came evo 3.18.5.2.
Now, after system sleep I regularly get this message:

Reconnecting to "<my-account-name>" (cancelling)

When trying to quit, evo can only be forced to actually quit.

What can I do - maybe first for diagnosis?
You already posted this exact same message.
I was asked to post the proper english message. So did I.

All I'm saying is that you posted the same message twice, several days
apart. There is no difference in the information supplied in the two
messages. If you didn't get a reply first time, you should assume
either that a) no-one can help, or b) your message wasn't clear enough.
Just repeating the same thing isn't normally a useful strategy.

I didn't respond before
because I don't understand what you're asking, and I still don't.

I try my very best to explain.

What does "When trying to quit, evo can only be forced to actually
quit" mean?

Evo will not quit. After several minutes, a dialogue comes up,
something like "do you want to wait or force quit".

Usually that means it's waiting on something that won't happen. As Ralf
says, the alert is probably from your desktop environment rather than
Evolution, but the underlying cause is likely to be that Evo is waiting
to hear from a server that isn't responding for some reason. Any time
this has happened to me I find that forcing quit and restarting solves
the problem. It's annoying but it seems to happen a lot less than it
used to with older versions.

poc