Re: [Evolution] Reconnecting to "<my-account-name>" (cancelling)

I am running evolution 3.20.4 (from Gnome3-staging PPA) under Ubuntu 16.04.1 64-bit on my DELL Vostro 3500 laptop.  PC is one all the time except when I have to put it in briefcase for travel.  I do not use hibernation or any power-save features.  evolution 3.20.4 is most stable application on my PC.  If current versions of LibreOffice (5.1.4.2) and Firefox (48.0) were as stable as evolution, I would have the perfect PC.  Also, fast Internet connection speed make evolution run smoother.  50 mips versus 15 makes a noticeable difference.  I take e-mail from three POP servers and one IMAP server.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Herr Oswald <herr_oswald gmx de>
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Reconnecting to "<my-account-name>" (cancelling)
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2016 20:28:18 +0200

On Sat, 2016-08-13 at 19:10 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Sat, 2016-08-13 at 19:11 +0200, Herr Oswald wrote:
Hi, after the update to ubuntu 16.04 came evo 3.18.5.2. Now, after system sleep I regularly get this message: Reconnecting to "<my-account-name>" (cancelling) When trying to quit, evo can only be forced to actually quit. What can I do - maybe first for diagnosis?
You already posted this exact same message.

I was asked to post the proper english message. So did I.

I didn't respond before
because I don't understand what you're asking, and I still don't.

I try my very best to explain.

What does "When trying to quit, evo can only be forced to actually
quit" mean?

Evo will not quit. After several minutes, a dialogue comes up, something like "do you want to wait or force quit".

When you talk about "system sleep" do you mean hibernation?

Yes.

 I did
notice (with 3.18) that after waking up Evo would sometimes think it
was disconnected, but it was easy to fix: just click on the socket icon
(lower left corner).

That's what I tried first. But this does not make any difference.

Perhaps if you clarify someone will be able to answer.

Hope this attempt was more successful.