[Evolution] Some messages fail to display in INBOX (seen momentarily) - Weird problem

Regarding the problem below:

I loaded Thunderbird, in an attempt to import everything, so that I could retrieve my hidden mail.
This failed as Thunderbird has a bug, meaning import doesn't work.

So I am still looking for a way, to access the emails that are there..... but hidden.

Evolution Problem
In brief: Evolution holds emails that are not displayed, but are logged as unread.

If another mailbox is selected...... and then Inbox is reselected...... all the missing emails can be seen momentarily in bold font (unread).

History:
It lost my email password.
Re-entering it didn't seem to work (which causes confusion.... which password etc.)
For some reason or other, it later began to work.

Some emails download and display..... the pattern of why and which emails, is not clear.
Some emails download..... are logged as present and unread, but do not display (other than momentarily when switching between mailboxes).

The announcement next to my mailbox states xx unread.
This number grows.

Note:
If I click: show all unread....... an empty folder is presented.

I'm running 12.04.
Evolution : 3.2.3

I used the Ubuntu update manager after the problem occurred (no joy).

I have now set downloads to leave mail on the server.

This problem occurred a few days ago.