Re: [Evolution] local mail box garbage collection

On Mon, 2016-04-18 at 01:47 +0200, Ernest Sales wrote:
I'm just speculating, but all this means a lot of file activity. If
your backup procedure is incremental this could mean that the first
backup after the cleanup operation creates a lot of new data.

Sorry for not making it clear: I'm using the Evolution builtin
backup.
It's not incremental; AFAICS it takes the ~/.local/share/evolution
folder plus the config stuff and compresses all that in a tar.gz
file.
Very convenient, as this is the format that understands the builtin
restore.

The built-in "Back up Evolution data" function is *not* designed for
regular backups. It's purpose is to enable you to move your Evo
installation to another machine, or to preserve it across operating
system updates. There are much better ways to backup Evo on a regular
basis, including any of the usual backup solutions available on Linux.

I've proposed before now that the menu item name should be changed to
avoid this confusion.

poc