Re: [Evolution] mailbox

On Sun, 17 Apr 2016 15:36:39 -0400, Stari Karp wrote:
I use on the other computer which is in network Claws mail and I like
the same settings which I have on Evolution and Users and their email
have on the other computer where I running Fluxbox. Is it possible to
import to Claws mail, plese.

Hi,

filter rules and account settings?

No, even if you would write a script to e.g. convert the format that
Evolution does use for filters, to the format Claws does use, since
Evolution provides filters for incoming and outgoing mails, while Claws
only provides filters for incoming mails. Anyway, Claws can handle
outgoing mails, too, but in a different way. This is the same for other
features, Evolution and Claws are too different, to share settings.

Since Evolution and Claws could be used with external tools, it would
be possible to use the same external tools and then share settings.

By default both already share e.g. bogofilter, so it's possible to share
the trained junk filter, by copying $HOME/.bogofilter/, but even
settings regarding bogofilter can't be shared between both MUAs.

Exporting and importing POP account mails could be done by the mbox
export and import features both MUAs provide.

Regards,
Ralf