Re: [Evolution] gmail and less secure app's

Thank you Ángel & Patrick for this interesting information.

I will use GOA

DG

El dom, 03-04-2016 a las 16:02 +0200, Ángel González escribió:
El sáb, 02-04-2016 a las 22:51 +0200, Daniel G escribió:
Hola!

To configure a gmail account in Evolution, I had to turn on "Access
for
less secure apps" as they say.
l use GOA
So, as they say, the account "is no longer protected by modern
security standards." (¿?)

Is it possible to know what are those "modern security standards" not
available in Evolution?

What do I have to do to reach "similar" security levels?

Thank you all / Muchas gracias

Daniel G.

Hello Daniel

By enabling what Gmail calls "Access for less secure apps". you are
allowing access to POP3/IMAP/SMTP with the account password. What they
would prefer is that you use the SASL XOAUTH2 (which is google-
specific, not a standard).
It is described at https://developers.google.com/gmail/xoauth2_protocol

You should be able to connect without this setting if you configure the
account through Gnome Online Accounts (GOA).

Best regards