Re: [Evolution] Delays in receiving IMAP e-mail

Thank you, Patrick.  You found the problem.  Multiple connections were set to three.  I set to 1.  Now messages appear to be coming as expected.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve>
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Delays in receiving IMAP e-mail
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 19:33:13 +0100

On Wed, 2015-05-27 at 13:17 -0400, John Lauterbach wrote:
I am using evolution 3.16.0 running under Ubuntu 15.04. One of my e- mail accounts is IMAP, the others are POP. Evolution is set to poll each e-mail server every 5 minutes. About a week ago, I noticed that I was not getting e-mails from the IMAP account. When I used the providers webmail service, I found the missing e-mails in my webmail inbox. Eventually, they got to my PC. Sometimes the days have been well in excess of the polling time. Right now webmail shows an e- mail that is been in the webmail inbox for almost 15 minutes. Is this normal behavior for evolution?
Some providers, including Google, use rate-limiting on their servers. This can affect IMAP service, especially if Evo is set to use multiple simultaneous connections. You can limit this in Edit->Preferences-><account>->Receiving Options->Number of concurrent connections to use. I have it set to 2 for Gmail, but YMMV. Aside from that, make sure you've ticked "check for new messages in subscribed folders". poc _______________________________________________ evolution-list mailing list evolution-list gnome org To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ... https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list