Re: [Evolution] "Empty cache file" errors

On Tue, 2015-03-10 at 11:56 +0100, Andrea Vai wrote:
so are you saying that Pete's advices (thank you Pete for your
answer,
also!) are not useful, so I don't even have to try out them?

        Hi,
apparently no. While there are many issues where local cache purge
helps to fix them, this particular bug is not in that group, thus you
do not need to do anything with the local cache.

And also, what are the drawbacks of these errors (apart from the
annoying messages, that I can try to get used to ;-))? May I simply
ignore them?

If you set the IMAPx account to use only one concurrent connection,
then you'll be safer. Once you see that error message you can re-
select the affected message, which will re-download it. The problem is
that the message will not be passed through your filters (use Ctrl+Y
to apply filters manually) or similar things. What exactly will (not)
happen depends on the place where the bug strikes. See all the
variants of the error message you sent here.
        Bye,
        Milan