Re: [Evolution] Evolution Calendar not getting synced reliably

On Tue, 2015-03-10 at 09:42 +0000, Taborsky, Jiri wrote:
I am having problem with Evolution Calendar connecting to Office365
via EWS that not all meetings are not shown. Majority of meetings
are present, but some random meetings are not shown (they are
visible in O365 web calendar, but not in Evolution Calendar).
Refreshing Evolution Calendar does not help. I set "Automatically
synchronize remote e-mail locally" option and few meetings appear in
Calendar, but still not all of them, hence using Evolution Calendar
is not reliable.

Not sure if this is related, but I set also options "Check for new
messages every 1 minutes", "Check for new messages in all folders"
and "Listen for server change notifications" for related e-mail
account.

        Hi,
you are right that some of these options influence also behavior of
the Calendar and Address book, but not all of them.

Evolution-ews uses something like 'incremental updates', which means
that it has stored some server-provided tag for a state at some time
and on each refresh asks the server with that tag for 'what was
changed'.

I do not know many details about your missing meetings, but I would
guess that the evolution-calendar-factory crashed in the middle of
some update, while the evolution-ews has already stored the tag in the
local cache, thus it was "thinking" that it is in that new state
already. (Like it saved the new state tag too early, and the next
start used it, effectively missing other changes.)

Could you try to close Evolution, (ideally also evolution-calendar-
factory process, but that's not doable under gnome-shell, which auto-
starts it) them remove
   ~/.cache/evolution/calendar/<ews-calendar-uid>/
folder, thus the next start (you should restart the calendar factory
process after the removal) evolution-ews will refresh its local cache
from scratch and possibly download what was missing - unless it
crashes again, which you might catch with ABRT or any similar tool.
        Bye,
        Milan