Re: [Evolution] Evolution (EWS) complains that "database disk image is malformed"

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 12:56 PM, Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com> wrote:
On Mon, 2015-07-20 at 12:40 +0300, Robert Munteanu wrote:
I have found that some people had this problem and fixed it by
running

    sqlite3 $dbfile "pragma integrity_check;"

for all the folder.db files belonging to evolution. That did not work
for me.

        Hi,
when you say "for all the folders.db files", in which directories do
you mean? The evolution-ews has its own stored in
~/.cache/evolution/mail/<ews-account-uid>/

Ah, I was looking under ~/.local/share/evolution, as I did find some
folder.db files there

robert rombert:~/.local/share/evolution> find -name '*.db'
./addressbook/system/contacts.db
./mail/local/folders.db
./mail/vfolder/folders.db

Running it for the files under ~/.cache/evolution/mail cleary
indicated the corrupt file

On the other hand, "UNIQUE constraint failed: folders.folder_name"
error looks like the problem here. If the fix with the pragma command
will not work, then just delete the folders.db file and let the
evolution-ews recreated it from scratch.

OK, did that, hopefully it will be a permanent fix.

Thanks,

Robert