Re: [Evolution] Messages vanish from Junk folder (apparently) when it is opened

Comments and Wild Speculations Follow :)

Virtual Folders, I presume are like the search folders which can be
created to aggregate a list of messages according to some criteria. It
seems that the Junk folder is not virtual because the the messages
reside in the Junk folder, not their original folder.

Launching Evolution with too many debugging options enabled, I saw SQL
errors about inserts failing because the table for junk did not exist.
(true this table could be in memory only and therefore fit the bill
"virtual", but that seems unlikely)

A reason one might think Junk is a virtual folder is because of the
email account configuration options to use "real" folders when setting
up IMAP accounts.  I *think* "real" means this will be a folder hosted
by the IMAP server, not "real" as opposed to "virtual".

The problem had no bearing on whether or not the messages were flagged
deleted, or the option to exunge messages on leaving file (which I did
try setting and unsetting) since the deletions appeared to be happening
at the time the folder was *opened*  (the unread messages count beside
the folder would disappear)

Anyhow, my problem was resolved by option Junk Messages: "use real
folder" and selecting the spam folder defined by the IMAP server.

What would have been the best CAMEL_DEBUG options to set for
troubleshooting this issue?  If I see it again I'll file a bug report.