Re: [Evolution] Exchange strips the the html variant?

On 22 January 2015 at 06:30:37 , Milan Crha (mcrha redhat com) wrote:
On Wed, 2015-01-21 at 21:05 +0100, Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
> Is this a known problem? Any workarounds?
>
> We are using Exchange 2010 at work and when I send an html mail to
> someone internally, the html version of the mail is kept.
> But sending a mail to someone external, the Exchange server strips
> the html variant from the mail and keeps just the plain text version.
> (Seems to be something to do with Exchange and TNEF?)
>
> Are there any configuration one can do in Evolution to be able to
> send html mails externally?
> Or in Exchange?

Hi,
it sounds known, I even think there was done some investigation around
it, but I do not recall any detail, neither can find a bug report for
it. It's possible it was discussed in a mailing list or I just chose
wrong search terms. Unfortunately, I also do not recall any resolution
for this.

What I can tell, then evolution-ews (I suppose you use it, even you
didn't tell it, neither its version) doesn't use TNEF or anything, it
simply sends what user wanted to send, that means either only the
plain text part or plain+html parts. From that I'd believe the setting
is on the server side.

I do not think that the received message is shown as plain text due to
the recipient's client setting to show only plain text parts.
Bye,
Milan

Yes, I am using ews (Evolution 3.12.9 on Fedora 21) and no, the recipient settings has nothing to do with the problem. The html part is just removed from the mail before the recipient receives the mail…
And I hope there is a solution/workaround to this, I just have to find it….

Thx btw… :)

BTJ