Re: [Evolution] Evolution Tasks Error

On Thu, 2015-01-08 at 11:59 +0530, Pramathesh Ambasta wrote:

Unable to connect to 'Tasks': Cannot open calendar: Data source
'Tasks' does not support OAuth 2.0 authentication

I suppose  this error is related to the first error message? In
which case is there a way to enable OAuth with evolution?

Also, while the message says that Evolution cannot open calendar, it
does. I am able to see my google calendar very well.

        Hi,
Google Calendar and Google Tasks are two different things. The
Calendar uses CalDAV, while the Tasks use libgdata (since 0.15.1).
There was a bug that the Google Tasks source was added even when it
might not, which is fixed either in 3.12.8 or 3.12.9 (the current
stable version is 3.12.9, while the 3.12.10 will be released the next
Monday) of evolution-data-server.

Evolution cannot do the OAuth authentication on its own currently, it
expects the token from the GNOME Online Accounts. That's the reason
why users cannot add the Google Tasks source within Evolution itself,
but will have it available, if they configure a Google account in GOA.
        Bye,
        Milan