Re: [Evolution] Caledar meeting off by 1 hour

On Mon, 2015-02-16 at 11:29 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
On Mon, 2015-02-16 at 09:30 +0000, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
I got this recurring meeting which displays 1 hour
too early(8.30) in the calendar view but the reminder alarm
goes off correctly(9.15).

This meeting lacks TimeZone info(the organiser never set one), I suspect this is the reason.

DTSTART:20150216T083000
DTEND:20150216T084500

        Hi,
those times are set as floating times, that is, they are supposed to be shown at the given date and time of
the user's time zone, which ever it is. Thus if you change your timezone in Edit->Preferences-
Calendars and Tasks to any other, then the meeting will still stay at
8:30 AM of today (2015-02-16).

I changed Timezone to Europe/Tallin(UTC+2.00) and then this meeting moved to 7.30
while other meetings this day move one hour in the other direction(from 9.00 to 10.00)

The reminder is set to popup 30 minutes before the meeting, if I read it correctly.

Yes, you are right. I changed it to 15 minutes after I dumped the ical info.

There is a chance that evolution-ews failed to convert the timezone from the information given by the
server too, because I'm pretty sure that the exchange servers have always set some timezone. I can be wrong
here.

The 9:15 of the alarm reminder popup looks odd, at least to me. Could you try to change timezone at Edit-
Preferences->Calendars and Tasks, to any other than the system time zone? Is there shown the right system
time zone at all?

I have set the timezone explicitly to Europe/Stockholm and to System Timezone(which is also
Europe/Stockholm) but it is still 8.30