Re: [Evolution] Evolution password troubles Part 2

-------- Weitergeleitete Nachricht --------Von: Pete Biggs
<pete biggs org uk>
An: evolution-list gnome org
Betreff: Re: [Evolution] Evolution password troubles Part 2
Datum: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 11:17:06 +0000

-------- Weitergeleitete Nachricht --------Von: Andre Klapper
<ak-47 gmx net>
An: evolution-list gnome org
Datum: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 22:02:00 +0100

On Mon, 2015-02-09 at 20:37 +0100, rabre hispeed wrote:
03/02/2015 13:42
ok just now I installed the seahorse/seahorse-deamon
I prefer KDE But what means SDDM?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_Desktop_Display_Manager

Cheers,
andre

Hi there,

ok and what is the best sddm?

cheers Ralph

Hi There,

ok and what is the:
most reliable sddm?
most stable sddm?

Asking the same question less than two hours apart when you don't get an
immediate answer really is almost bordering on rude and not likely to
encourage people to answer you.

First.  SDDM is not a generic term, it is the name of a display manager
- like Gnome Display Manager or KDE Display Manager - there is only one
"SDDM". "Simple Desktop Display Manager" because it is simpler than KDM
or GDM.

Second.  This is an Evolution list - it really is getting a bit off
topic to discus display managers.

As for your password problems - passwords are not stored by Evolution,
they are stored in a keyring handled by an external application.  The
dialogue you see indicates that the keyring is locked and needs to be
unlocked - this is normal if you haven't set the keyring to be unlocked
when you login.

If Evolution fails to login to a server to retrieve emails, then often
it has assumed that the password is wrong and ask you for your password
again even when it is actually some other problem (such as connectivity
or IMAP issues).  I don't know if this has now been fixed.

Finally.  I'll say this again.  If you reply directly to me (even CC'ing
the list) and you have "Request Read Receipts" turned on, I will not
answer any more of your questions.

P.

Hi there,

i pressed the knob on the group right now.

And yes i have a lots of troubles with this evolution...

since last Wednesday I am a victim of the flu wave, my sense of time or the concentration is quite clear. At
the moment I am plagued by the roller coaster feeling and barfing and diarrhea. I did not make pressure, but
ask more specific.

Yes, I have learned the answers always downward ascribe to always respond to the group, instead of using hi
and not Hy, but more is no longer with 43.5. No, I want to upset anyone, but to me that prevent the ceiling
falls on the head.

I asked because I found lightdm, xdm, wdm but not SDDM in the debian jessie repositories

how can I prevent evolution assumes that the password on my single PC is wrong? I also work only with POP /
SMTP Mails.

Nevertheless, many thanks for your help.

cheers Ralph