Re: [Evolution] Can't get CalDAV calendar work with evolution

Thank you two for helping me on this last day of the year!

Andre Klapper wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, 2015-12-31 at 12:23 +0100, Ulrich Fürst wrote:
I'm new to this list looking for a calendar for my debian with mate
DE. So I wanted to give evolution a try. But I can't get it to work
with my CalDAV resource from Web.de.

I entered the address (which is doing fine with korganizer and
icalendar on a mac). When I click on "Search calendar" in the
properties of the CalDAV account in evolution nothing happens. No
error message, but no calendar shown that I could select.

Which Evolution version is this about?

Sorry, I've totally forgotten to mention: Evolution is 3.12.9
(debian stable on amd64)

P.S. There are no error messages starting evolution on the console
neither. Even with
CALDAV_DEBUG={all} /usr/lib/evolution/evolution-calendar-factory >&
logfile
the logfile is empty.

That parameter should be without brackets:
CALDAV_DEBUG=all /usr/lib/evolution/evolution-calendar-factory
&> logfile

O.k. I used
CALDAV_DEBUG=all /usr/lib/evolution/evolution-calendar-factory >\
 caldav.log 2>&1

The logfile is still empty.
I started the command above in one terminal window and then startet
evolution in another one.

$ evolution

(evolution:11319): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to register client:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files

java version "1.7.0_91"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.6.3)(7u91-2.6.3-1~deb8u1)

Is all evolution says.

Ulrich