[Evolution] Need config help on Evolution email client

I've just installed Evolution 3.10.4 on Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS with Cinnamon
desktop. So far I like it, but I'm having some problems.

1. I've configured 2 accounts: one for POP, one for IMAP -- different servers
(personal, work). The POP accounts works just fine. The IMAP account works for
sending (which means the SMTP works), but I can't get my mail. I've configured
iPhone, Android, Outlook, roundCube to connect to the IMAP server and they all
work. I believe I'm using the same settings for Evolution, but nothing. When I
monitor the dovecot log on the IMAP server it shows nothing at all when I do
send/receive on Evolution. Yet I can `telnet popserver.com 143 and it connects
and shows in the dovecot log. It's as if Evolution isn't even trying the IMAP
connection. I've tried ports 143 and 993, with and without TLS. Nada. Any idea
what's going on?

2. On the POP account, I have a calendar. I've clicked Actions > Publish
Calendar, but nothing at all happens. Why?

3. I've "labeled" one of the messages as 'Important' (right-click message >
Label > Important). This is indicated on the 'Label' drop-down as a red square.
However, the message does not show this anywhere. I can select 'Show >
Important' and it does filter by that, but I'd like to see the red square
somewhere in my message list view. Doable?

Thanks, --Mark