Re: [Evolution] Evolution 3.12 still doesn't like my VPNs

Le vendredi 18 juillet 2014 à 08:03 -0500, Christian Dysthe a écrit :

I was informed that Evolution 3.12 would be better at working with
frequent connection changes, in my case switching between VPN
connections. I do this many times a day and all connected applications
I always have open (Chrome, XChat, Skype, HipChat), doesn't seem to
have a problem with it except for Evolution which still often chokes
after I enable a new VPN connection. It hangs on fetching mail and I
have to kill Evolution or if possible take Evo off-line and on-line
again if it hasn't locked up completely. Is there anything I can do to
get Evolution to deal with these connection changes more gracefully?

I don't know of an immediate solution for you (unless you're willing to
work on a patch), but I should point out that it would be good to have
the issue documented in a newer bug report. Currently I see two bug
reports in bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=evolution+vpn and
I'm not sure they apply as of 3.12 as per Matthew Barnes' previous
message.