Re: [Evolution] Errors receiving mail via POP

I've only seen one type of error, which appears in a red bar at the top
of the evolution window, typically when evolution asks for the POP
server's password:
        Error while Fetching mail from 'jonrysh pacbell net'.
        Cannot get POP summary:
What do you get if you run Evo from the command line?

Can you spot any relevant errors if you run it with debugging turned on?

The file evolution.log generated by the command is attached:
        CAMEL_DEBUG=pop3 evolution 2>&1 | tee evolution.log
Nothing jumps out at me, but I'm not familiar with this kind of log.

OK.  The relevant error is:

        POP3_STREAM_WRITE (15):
        PASS xxxxxxxx
        POP3_STREAM_LINE (22): '+OK password required.'
        Got + response
        POP3_STREAM_LINE (47): '-ERR [SYS/TEMP] internal server error (#IS6532)'
        POP3_STREAM_WRITE (26):
        USER jonrysh pacbell net

Evolution is reporting an error because the Yahoo servers are giving an
error.  This isn't an Evolution problem as such - except in that when an
error occurs, Evolution assumes it's an authentication problem and
immediately prompts for a password.  (The difference with something like
Thunderbird is that it retries with the same password and it usually
works the second time - hence it looks like everything is OK with
another MUI.)

There are lots of people complaining about this error on Yahoo driven
systems (such as AT&T, Pacbell, BT etc.) without much evidence of a
solution (try Googling for "yahoo mail is6532").  The only place I've
seen that claims a solution is:

http://www.emailquestions.com/isp-free-email-support-forums/9255-fix-err-sys-temp-internal-server-error-is6532.html

which implies that you need to use SSL for POP (i.e. POPS on port 995).
So check your settings to make sure that's what you are using.

P.