Re: [Evolution] MAIL FROM timeout

On 10/28/2014 04:05 PM, Ángel González wrote:

Looks like a sysadmin problem. I suspect it is checking in dns
blacklists / doing SPF checks, and they are taking a long time. Perhaps
it is consulting an overloaded dns blacklist?

I agree that something like this is the likely cause. The email
administrator should probably bypass spam and virus checks for mail
being sent by authenticated users or those on internal trusted networks.

Unless there is a problem with infected machines trying to send spam and
viruses. In which case the admin needs to set up an email system just
for receiving internal mail and forwarding it to the scan systems.

Once the email server has a message it doesn't matter how long the
checks take because it can just keep trying to send it.