Re: [Evolution] Trouble authenticating to Exchange account

On Thu, 2014-10-09 at 19:13 -0400, Adam Seering wrote:
Hi all,
    I have access to two Exchange (EWS) accounts.  One of them works
great.  The other one won't accept my password, so I can't log in.
It
worked great earlier this year, but something in the server's
configuration seems to have changed.  (I don't know what.)

    If I run with EWS_DEBUG=2, I get the following request/response
pair every time I enter my password:

        Hi,
this handshake pair is usual. libsoup tries to connect to the server,
it responds that authorization is needed, then libsoup asks an
application for a password and re-sends the message to the server with
given credentials.

< WWW-Authenticate: Negotiate
< WWW-Authenticate: NTLM
Looks like it's never trying to re-connect using NTLM?  Anyone have
any guesses as to what's going on, or suggestions for things to try
to do to improve it?

So your server supports either GSSAPI/Kerberos authentication or NTLM.
I would verify that you have set the NTLM in account preferences and
that the address of the host (Host URL) begins with https://. There
are servers which require Basic authentication, but that is not
advertised by your server. I'm not aware of any server which would
allow http:// (insecure) connection.

Maybe you can try to connect to the server with curl, and if it'll
work, then there can be some glitch either in evolution-ews or in
libsoup. The curl command looks like this:

   curl -v -k --user USERNAME:PASSWORD -X POST -d @e.xml --ntlm \
      https://exchange.example.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx \
      --header 'Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8'

Run it in a folder which contains the attached e.xml file. The request
as such will fail, because you won't have the requested item in your
account, but that's fine, because we are only trying to authenticate
and connect to the server.
        Bye,
        Milan