Re: [Evolution] Your message was sent, but an error occurred during post-processing.

On Thu, 2014-10-02 at 19:44 -0500, Chris wrote:
Ubuntu 14.04.1, Gnome 3.12.6. lately when sending a message with
Evolution I get this as a pop up:

Your message was sent, but an error occurred during post-processing.
The reported error was "Failed to append to INBOX/Sent: Error
appending
message: Stream has outstanding operation
Appending to local 'Sent' folder instead.".

        Hello,
3.12.x uses concurrent connections to an IMAP account, which are there
to help with response times. I would try to disable it on your
machine, you've everything stored locally, after all (as you said in
other messages in this thread). You can do that in Edit->Preferences-
Mail Accounts-><IMAP account>->Edit->Receiving Options tab-
Connection to Server section. Set the value to 1, which is what
3.10.x used. Then, just in case, close & run Evolution. On the other
hand, it doesn't explain the error, because the concurrent connections
are using different streams.

I would also discourage to connect Evolution directly to Courier's
Maildir structure. Evolution has its own tweaks there, thus better to
not mix it.
        Bye,
        Milan