Re: [Evolution] Evolution not keeping passwords

On Tue, 2014-05-27 at 11:41 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Tue, 2014-05-27 at 11:08 -0400, Carpetnailz wrote:
Suddenly after yesterday's automatic update to Fedora 19, Evolution is
not longer keeping my mail account passwords. I've entered them multiple
times but it keeps asking me for them.
What should I do to fix this? It definitely was not happening before the
latest update--which introduced a new kernel update, I think.

To facilitate diagnostics it is important to realize that Evolution
*NEVER* keeps the password(s).  Secrets are accessed via the GNOME
keyring;  if it is not working there is a keyring problem or a problem
integrating with the keyring.

Wrong! If there are network issues Evo is the only MUA I know that asks
again and again and again to enter the password. This seemingly isn't a
fault of GNOME keyring. Even if it would be a fault of GNOME keyring,
but it isn't, but assumed it would be, than stop using GNOME keyring ;)!

Since the OP didn't need to check a box, but the issues automagically
disappeared it's likely that the OP did experience network issues and
the odd misbehavior of Evo.